Monday, May 16, 2011

Worries


Evan's already bad vision seems to be getting worse.  He's mobile now, so he is constantly crawling straight into things (table/piano legs, chairs, the wall) and hitting his head, especially on the right side.  It's so sad.  He also seems to be losing his depth perception.  When I hold a toy out in front of him he will generally reach too far with his hand when trying to grab it and can't seem to be able to tell exactly where it is.  I totally cried the first time I noticed this.  Allison came up to me and said "don't worry, Mom. Soon Evan's eyes won't be sick anymore."  I sure hope she's right.

We are anxiously awaiting his first surgery.  Its so hard to be told your baby can't see and then have to wait to do anything about it.  I don't think the end of May could come fast enough.   Two more weeks...two more weeks.....

My sweet baby and I.  If you look at his right eye you can actually see the cloudiness of the cataract in it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Angela, I'm sorry to hear about these worries! I will keep Evan in my prayers. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you!

xo
Emily