I'm never considered myself super crafty, so I'm not sure what came over me the Friday before Easter when I was reading a few blogs (I like to look at other peoples craftiness) and I came across this tutorial for a super cute skirt and this one for a fun appliqued tie onesie. I remembered a week or so before when I had seen this little man tie tutorial and I suddenly had the urge to make all of them for my kids to wear on Easter Sunday, one and a half days away.
I will admit that half way through the skirt for Nicole (which was the first thing I decided to make) I was ready to call it quits. Maybe I should have started with a tie? I'm glad I hung in there. I learned a lot and ended up feeling pretty happy about the way everything turned out.
Here are the kids on Easter morning:
Sweet Sisters:
Ethan looks so grown up to me in this picture. Too grown up.
Evan was feeling pretty sick that morning. He hung in there for some group shots, but I didn't try and take a bunch of him by himself. Poor little guy.
It was fun to make the kids matching clothes and fill their Easter baskets with treats, but what I am really thankful for is the moments during the week leading up to Easter Sunday when we were able to sit with our children and talk with them about the real meaning of Easter. To share again with them the events leading up to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. To help them remember that Christ truly did overcome death, and what that means for us today and always. Those are the moments and things I hope they will remember at Easter and always.
1 comment:
Your amazing!!!!!!
Post a Comment