The last time it snowed in this area was 10 years ago. I actually remember it! We were living in Houston. I was outside on a trampoline at a Young Woman leaders house and little snow flurries started to come down. I remember being SO excited! I don't think anything even stuck on the ground, it just felt amazing that it was "snowing". I couldn't help but smile when I heard the neighbor kids outside this morning before school playing and yelling. The thought came to me that those kids who have lived here their entire life have probably never seen snow before. When Ethan woke up I took him to the back door to show him that it had snowed and he was glad, but not very impressed. He just pretty much told me that we need more snow and a big hill. I guess living in Idaho, Ohio, and Iowa makes snow a little less of a novelty.
So, here it is! A picture of our exciting Texas snow!
2 comments:
HaHa! Look at all that snow. How funny living in such a different place where they call in because of a light dusting of snow.
Dang! Better break out the snow tires! he he. But how fun for the kids that hadn't ever seen it snow before! Believe it or not we haven't had much more than that up here yet. (Not that I'm complaining)
Post a Comment