Friday, December 12, 2008

Photo Shoot Troubles

Last week we had a perfect overcast day so I decided to haul the kids outside to get some pictures for our Christmas card this year. So here we are, 10 days before Christmas and still no Christmas card photo. Why? Because I could do flips in the backyard and my kids seriously would not all look and smile at the same time. Actually, forget the smiles (that may be expecting too much) but I would be happy if they would just look! Out of the 50 or more photos that I took, here are some of the best:




So tell me, what are all of your tricks to getting your kids to take a decent picture together? After this photo shoot I haven't had the courage to get them all ready and try again. So I think maybe for Christmas this year we may just have to go with this one:


5 comments:

Beth said...

Personally, I love them all. How did you do that cute collage? I think you should just make prints of it and send it out.

Angie said...

I agree with Beth. The pics you posted are so cute! This is one of the major reasons we haven't had family pictures done in a year and a half! Sorry I'm no help.

DK Johnston said...

Angela...i totally feel your pain. lincoln isn't too bad with pictures but Maggie is pretty much impossible. The pictures you do have a still cute:) I commend you for even trying to do a Christmas card!!!

Emily said...

Angela, I love collages. It gives you a more rounded view and your kids are so adorable. We miss you! Please come visit again! Hope you had a good Christmas. Ours was nice and long, but it is good to be back in the routine.

Thanks for posting the Bossy blog on your blog roll! That is awesome! We love it!

Lauren and Trevor said...

I love the pictures! They show their personalities :) I sure don't know how to get a good picture. We haven't had a decent family picture since kids were born. We did try using marshmallows as bribery last time and it worked for a few short moments!