Take 4 cute kids who are ready for some summer fun
Add in a early summer dose of Baseball, T-ball and freezing cold swimming lessons (next year we won't be doing the first session of the year).
Follow with one FABULOUS family reunion filled with TONS of Karaoke... (Go Mom and Dad!!)
Lot's of fun games...
And Loads of all over family fun! We LOVED getting to visit and the kids enjoyed every minute with their cousins. It was the first time in a very long time that my whole side of the family was able to be together. Love them all so much!
No fun summer is complete without a family evening at the local county fair:
The kids held their noses through the entire hog barn! haha. It was the perfect night for a fair! We enjoyed the rides, along with your typical fair food. Bryan even had to try a deep fried twinkie!
For a great summer you also need to have one 2nd annual family trip to the Nauvoo Pageant. I love that we are able to take the kids there and let them see the Temple and learn about the History of Nauvoo. (For some reason I can't find the pictures I took. I know I took some!) The kids LOVE the singing and dancing of the actors and they LOVE all the pioneer games before the show. It was HOT that night (I felt bad for all those dressed in their costumes), but that didn't stop the fun!
Mix all these together and you definitely get a summer to remember!
I wasn't ready to see the summer end. I love having my kids home during the day and making memories with them. The last few weeks before school started we were able to just take it easy and enjoy the time we had before school started. One day towards the end of the summer Ethan said to me: "I had a really fun day. Yesterday was fun too. I'm having a lot of fun days!" It made me so happy to hear him say that. I feel like so often our schedules are packed and we are running here and there all the time. I hope my kids are also getting the time to just be kids. To play and have fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment